The Tools and Support
Needed to Better Face
Mind Body Program for Cancer
The Mind Body Program for Cancer is designed to supplement your medical treatment by giving you tools to cope with the stress of cancer, make informed choices about treatment, and maintain hope.
This ten-week program meets Monday afternoons for two hours. It is covered under most mental health insurance plans.
Goals and Components
- Learn self-care techniques that help you maximize your health by eliciting the relaxation response
- Reduce stress and physical and emotional symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatment by learning positive coping strategies
- Cope with and manage side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- More actively participate in your health care
- Regain a sense of control, optimism, energy, and well-being
- Learn the importance of healthy eating and physical activity to your overall health and well-being
Mind Body Program for Cancer Survivors
The Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and the Benson-Henry Institute have partnered to provide the SMART-3RP training to cancer survivors at MGH’s Boston, Waltham and Danvers locations. Led by Elyse R. Park, PhD and Lara Traeger, PhD to the program is designed to assist patients who have completed treatment at MGH by providing them with te tools they need to cope with the experience of their illness, treatments and changes.