The Tools and Support
Needed to Better Face
Mind Body Program for Cancer
The Mind Body Program for Cancer is designed to supplement your medical treatment by giving you tools to cope with the stress of cancer, make informed choices about treatment, and maintain hope.
This ten-week program meets Monday afternoons for two hours. It is covered under most mental health insurance plans.
Goals and Components
- Learn self-care techniques that help you maximize your health by eliciting the relaxation response
- Reduce stress and physical and emotional symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatment by learning positive coping strategies
- Cope with and manage side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- More actively participate in your health care
- Regain a sense of control, optimism, energy, and well-being
- Learn the importance of healthy eating and physical activity to your overall health and well-being
Mind Body Program for Cancer Survivors
The Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center is pleased to offer the Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine’s highly regarded SMART-3RP training at its Boston, Danvers and Waltham locations. This program is designed to assist patients who have completed cancer treatment at MGH by providing critical tools to help them cope with the experience of their diagnosis and treatment as well as adjust to life after treatment. The program is led by Elyse R. Park, PhD, Giselle Perez, PhD and Lara Traeger, PhD.
This fall, the program will be offered:
Tuesdays at MGH Cancer Center (Waltham) beginning September 19th
10 AM – 11:30 AM with MGH Cancer Center Psychologist Elyse R. Park, PhD
Fridays at MGH Cancer Center (Boston) beginning September 22nd
9 AM – 10:30 AM with MGH Cancer Center Psychologist Lara Traeger, PhD
Fridays at MGH Cancer Center (Danvers) beginning September 22nd
10 AM – 11:30 AM with MGH Cancer Center Psychologist Giselle Perez, PhD
For information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org