Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART): A Relaxation Response Resiliency Program
The Stress Management And Resiliency Training (SMART) program teaches self-care practices that help buffer daily stress, making participants less emotionally and physically vulnerable to it.
This program is designed to help participants regain control and build resilience through a variety of mind body principles and self-care interventions, leading to reduced medical symptoms and enhanced quality of life.
This program will help participants:
• Understand the connection between stress and physical or emotional problems
• Learn a variety of techniques to elicit the relaxation response, the body’s innate stress buffer
• Appreciate the role of positive thoughts and beliefs
• Learn the importance of healthy eating, restorative sleep and physical activity
Anyone with the following would benefit:
• Anxiety-related symptoms ● Insomnia or fatigue ● Headaches or migraines
• Gastrointestinal disorders ● Autoimmune disorders ● Skin problems
• Mild to moderate depression ● Asthma or allergies ● Chronic pain or TMJ
The SMART program includes three individual appointments, which are reimbursed by most insurers. The program also includes eight weekly two-hour group sessions, which are self-pay.
The SMART program is directed by the following clinical staff: Peg Baim, MS, NP, Director; Leslee Kagan, MS, FNP-BC; Laura Malloy, LICSW; and Darshan Mehta, MD, MPH, Medical Director. For complete bios or for more information, please click here.
To make an appointment, please call (617) 643-6090.